What is a cookie?
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read in the moment in which it is seen at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the site, others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as a user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed in your PC is no longer needing to fill out the same information each time you want to access a site visited previously.
How do I deactivate cookies?
You can set your browser to deactivate cookies by following a very simple procedure. Warning: by disabling cookies, both username and password will no longer be stored in the login box on the site.
- Open Firefox.
- Press the "Alt" key.
- In the toolbar at the top of your browser, select "Tools" and then "Options."
- Then select the "Privacy" tab.
- Go to "History Settings" and then "Use custom settings". Uncheck "Accept cookies from sites" and save preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options."
- Select the "Privacy" tab and move the slider to the privacy level you want to set (up to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all).
- Then click OK.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the "Tools".
- Select "Settings" and then "Advanced Settings".
- Select "Content settings" under "Privacy".
- From the "Cookies and site data" where you can search and delete specific cookies. or Type chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar and press enter. Go to the "Cookies and site data" tab, where you can search for and delete specific cookies.
- Open Safari.
- Choose "Preferences" in the toolbar, then select the panel "Security" in the dialog box that follows.
- In "Accept Cookies" you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information, click on the Help button (labelled with a question mark).
- For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click "Show Cookies"